SUMMER TALENT LEAGUE
6th International Arts Festival
SUMMER TALENT LEAGUE 2023
26 June – 1 July 2023
Lloret de Mar, Spain
Ars festa, represented by its Director, Asta Bagdonavičienė, hereinafter referred to as the ORGANISER, kindly invites young singers and dancers as well as instrumentalists to take part in the international arts festival competition SUMMER TALENT LEAGUE. The competition takes place in the sunny Spanish resort of Lloret de Mar. The competition brings together ensembles and soloists from different nationalities. The aim of the festival is to promote the international dissemination of amateur art and develop international cooperation. Participants will not only have the opportunity to showcase their talent on the competition stage, but also to have fun by the seaside, to visit one of Europe’s most spectacular cities, Barcelona, or the neighbouring resort of Tosso De Mar, and to make new friends with like-minded people from other countries.
I. PARTICIPANTS IN THE COURSE.
Participants are invited to compete in the following nominations:
- Vocal (various genres: pop, rock, classical, folk, jazz, etc.)
- Choreography (various styles: modern dance, sports dance, classical, modern classical, folk, street, etc.)
- Instrumental music (solo or chamber ensembles, duos, trios, orchestras playing various instruments in different genres and eras)
- Show (various show numbers which may combine elements of dance, song, theatre or circus)
No age limit for participants.
Participants will be divided into age groups at the end of the registration period depending on the number of participants.
All participants will prepare one or two competition performances of their choice. Each performance will be judged separately (scores will not be aggregated).
The vocalists’ performances are accompanied by instrumental accompaniment recorded on a phonogram or acapella(-).
Performances in the show category may be performed to a phonogram (+).
Dancers prepare 1 or 2 dances of their choice.
Instrumentalists shall prepare 1 or 2 pieces of different character at their discretion. It is recommended that one piece be academic and the other contemporary (jazz, pop, etc.). The instrumentalists’ performances take place in the main church of the city.
26 June – Arrival of participants, settling in
Meeting of leaders and/or parents
27 June 18:30 – 19:00 Festive procession through the town. Please bring your own country, cast, team paraphernalia (flags, pennants, t-shirts, caps, etc.)
19:00 – 22:30 Day 1 of the competition. Venue: Plaza de Villa square in front of the City Hall.
28 June 19:00 – 22:30 Day II of the competition. Venue: Plaza de Villa in front of the City Hall.
29 June 9:00 – 17:00 Excursion to Barcelona or boat trip to Tossa de Mar optional.
20:30 – 23:00 Friendship evening. All participants, leaders, parents, jury members and guests are invited. Common buffet. Welcome drink provided by the Organiser.
30 June. 19:00 – 22:30 Gala concert. Award ceremony for all participants. Venue: Plaza de Villa in front of the City Hall.
1 July Departure day.
Preliminary programme only. A revised programme will be sent to all participants by 20 June.
It is possible to arrive before the official start of the competition and leave later than the end of the competition. You must indicate your wish to extend your stay as early as possible in the form to ensure your hotel reservation.
The following awards will be given in each category of the Competition:
- Grand Prix in the specific age group
- 1st place
- 2nd prize
- 3rd prize
At the discretion of the jury, awards may be divided between more than one performer, or may be withheld altogether if the level of performances does not meet the requirements.
V. FINANCIAL CONDITIONS.
EUR 390 per person staying in a double or triple room in a 4* hotel (5 nights)
EUR 360 per person in a double or triple room in a 3* hotel (5 nights)
Discounts apply for the 3rd and 4th child in a room when staying with 2 adults:
- Children under 2 years free of charge
- Children 2-6 years – 50% discount
- Children 7-10 years – 30% discount
- Children over 10 years – 5% discount
- 15% discount for managers
- Special rates for group bus drivers (on separate request)
- For groups of more than 25 people, 1 seat (for the leader) is free of charge
The package price includes:
- 5 nights’ accommodation in a 2 or 3-bedded room (in a 3* or 4* hotel respectively)
- 3 meals a day
- 1 optional excursion (sightseeing bus tour to Barcelona or boat trip to Tosso de Mar). If you choose the cruise to Tosso de Mar, a surcharge of EUR 5 applies.
- Organisation of a friendship evening (room hire, welcome drink, karaoke, technical service)
- organisational costs and jury work
- technical support for the event (stage, sound, lighting, staff)
- awards and commemorative gifts
- Tourist tax 1,39 EUR per person/day from the age of 17
Additional costs (optional):
- Transfer between Barcelona Airport – Lloret de Mar/Lloret de Mar/bus and return (price to be adjusted once the need is clear, tentatively ~ EUR 25-30/person). One way) or Girona airport – hotel and return (price to be adjusted after the need is clear, tentatively ~ 15-18 EUR/asm. One way)
- 1-bedded room in a hotel: extra EUR 25 per room for 1 night in a 4* hotel or EUR 20 in a 3* hotel
- extra night in a hotel (with meals 3k/d): 50 EUR/person/day in a 4* hotel or 45 EUR/person in a 3* hotel
Remark. It is possible to arrive before the official start of the competition and leave after the end of the competition. You must indicate your wish to extend your stay as early as possible in the form to ensure your hotel reservation.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All participants and accompanying persons will stay in the hotel indicated by the Organiser (reservation must be made in the participant form). If, however, it is necessary to choose a hotel of their own choice in order to participate in the festival, the participant and accompanying persons must pay an accreditation fee of EUR 120 per person (for the full 5 days), which includes:
- technical support for the event (stage, sound, lights, host, etc.),
- organisation and the work of the jury,
- staff costs,
- organisation of the friendship evening (room hire, welcome drink, karaoke, etc.)
- the cost and organisation of excursions.
- 65 EUR per soloist
- 80 EUR for a duet
- 120 EUR for trio
- 160 EUR for a group of 4-7 persons
- 200 EUR for a group of 8-10 persons.
- for groups larger than 10 persons EUR 20 per person.
- 50% of the amount is payable by 10 May 2022 when applying for participation;
- the remaining 50% is due by 10 June 2022.
Payment is made by bank transfer to the account indicated below:
Recipient: ARS FESTA
Purpose: Summer Talent League (participant’s name and surname)
VI. SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS.
Please send the information to [email protected] by 10 May, stating:
- The name and age of the participant
- Name of accompanying persons and age of children
- City, country
- Name of leader
- In which competition category do you plan to participate
- How many rooms of which type to book on which dates (single, double, triple)
Application for participation should be sent 10 June. If necessary, changes can be made to the competition entry until 20 June.
VII. FINAL PROVISIONS.
Participants are responsible for their own copyright compliance.
The Organiser has the right to use photographs and video material taken during the event without the express consent of the participants.
The Organiser reserves the right to modify the programme and the regulations if necessary.
Submission of an application implies that the participant and his/her accompanying persons agree to the terms and conditions set out by the organiser in these regulations.